Topeka, Kansas, project involves topographic survey and civil engineering design
TGB Group was contracted to provide the civil engineering design for Hoyt’s Trailer Center as part of the construction of a new 10,000-square-foot building to provide small trailer and semi-trailer sales along with a shop to be used for trailer maintenance.
The site was developed on three new industrial lots within a new industrial subdivision spanning approximately 5.7 acres in the city of Topeka, Kansas.
Our civil engineering design team provided the topographic survey, site design services, civil design services, stormwater drainage design including water quantity and quality design, landscape design and construction staking for the Hoyt’s Trailer Center project.
Additional specs, components and tasks for the Hoyt’s Trailer Center project include:
- The 10,000-square-foot sales and maintenance building that includes two large pull-thru bays for maintenance of trailers.
- New concrete pavement for customer parking spaces and sales activities.
- New gravel storage lot on the back of the property for new trailers to be showcased for sales.
- Design of new utilities including sewer service, water service and gas and electric to the site.
- Stormwater Management Plans were developed to include stormwater detention and best management practices to clean the stormwater runoff to account for water quality requirements for the City of Topeka.
- Submission of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan to Kansas Department of Health & Environment.
Design for the project was completed and construction started in October 2018. The project is expected to be completed in early summer 2019.
TGB Group was brought into the project in the fall of 2017 to provide conceptual layouts and civil design. Hoyt’s Trailer Center has been family-owned and family-operated since 1993.
To learn more about the Hoyt’s Trailer Center project, please contact:
John Ladson, executive vice president, TGB Group: (785) 806-2806 or email@example.com