WWTP Upgrade and Bag House Addition
TGB Group was awarded two new civil projects for The J.M. Smucker Company and is completing the civil engineering design for the wastewater treatment plant upgrade and the bag house addition.
The wastewater treatment plant upgrade consisted of adding on to the existing plant, adding a new tank and making site improvements. TGB Group provided all site grading, drainage design, utility relocates, pavement replacement and construction documents to be submitted to the City of Topeka, Kan., for permit.
The second of the civil projects consists of approximately 15,000 square feet of a new bag house addition building on the existing 105-acre site. This project includes all grading within an existing paved area, relocation of utilities, stormwater management plan calculations and storm sewer relocations, new truck routing analysis, truck pavement design and fencing.
Both civil projects were required to be completed in a quick timeline for J.M. Smucker, and both projects were completed as a design-build relationship with the contractor and architect. All parties involved worked cohesively to make the projects happen.
TGB Group provided all surveying and will provide construction staking as well.
Major highlights for the two J.M. Smucker civil projects include:
- Site design for WWTP addition, tank addition and pavement design
- Approximately 15,000-square-foot building addition for a bag house operation of the plant
- Site utility relocations including major stormwater sewer system
- Grading and truck pavement design for the addition to tie in to the existing truck pavement
- Stormwater management plan design, according to City of Topeka regulations
- Building permit plans
- Design-build relationship
The project designs are underway and will be completed in late 2020. Construction will start in 2020 and finish in 2021.
Read about our trailer drop lot expansion project we completed for J.M. Smucker in early 2019.
If you have any questions about these Smucker civil projects, please contact:
Executive Vice President